There is a certain notorious shopping day that thankfully only comes around once a year. People go crazy for the day’s unprecedented bargains. Nabbing the perfect gift at the perfect price becomes a sport and only the fittest survive. However, following these expert tips and tricks will surely help anyone come out of stores not only alive but also both mentally and physically victorious.
- Your body is made up of about 60% water. The rule of thumb to staying properly hydrated on a daily basis is to be drinking half of your body weight (in ounces) per day i.e. someone who is 150 pounds should be drinking 75 ounces of water.
Treat the day as a workout session
- Frame the shopping outing as an exercise session by taking the stairs, when able, and walking at brisk paces.
Put an “if-then” strategy in place
- For example: “If I feel stress, then I will take three deep breaths which will help me remember why I love the holidays.”
- Wear sneakers for added comfort and better movement. Opt for layers rather than big coats, hats, and scarves-this will keep one from not only melting but from having to carry extra baggage.
- Eat healthily before leaving the house as well as pack portable but highly nutritious snacks, i.e. trail mix, fruit, to keep one fueled during a vigorous shopping session. This will help you avoid the candy bar grab or hamburger drive through. When we are too hungry we often go for the easy quick grab which is often the less healthy choice.
Have a game plan
- Prepare and strategize before hand. Set written goals and most importantly communicate with your shopping teammates.
- Not only does sleep restore, replenish, and repair the body-it restores will-power which can keep one on target to accomplishing shopping goals without giving into impulse purchases.